Another pointless post?

Please stick with me while I get the hang of this thing again and where and when I can actually think of better things to post. At the moment it's centred around me spending as least as possible and using what I have in the house already.

Lunch was the left over jacket potatoes - I cooked extra for the lunches, kids took a packed lunch.

Tea is chilli, from reduced mince, 2 cans of kidney beans, 2 cans of chopped tomatoes, and 2 chilli mixes - the ones I bought when everything was been sold off in poundworld when they closed down.  Everything in this is what I had in the house already



Household cleaning!
I'm also using all the cleaning supplies in the house before I think about buying any more, for spray bottles for bathrooms, the kitchen and around the house will be a small amount of stardrops (or whatever I can find to use up) topped with water (or a bucket filled with water and stardrops)  I steam mop the floors adding a cap full of zoflora.



Laundry!
Soap powder is been stretched by adding soda crystals and stain remover - I have one for whites and darks, plus a spot of spray for any marks I think might not come out.  Using white vinegar is a good option to replace fabric conditioner you just don't get the fresh perfumed smell you'd expect from shop bought fabric conditioner, but you could add a few drops of essential oil for that. Don't worry the clothes won't come out smelling like a chip shop.
After I have used everything up from here I plan to just use essential oils, soda crystals, and stain remover. along side soapnuts I used this a few year back and honestly don't know why I stopped using them?



Drying laundry!
Use airers - I hate them, but have to love them! They save money avoiding using the dryer just make sure the room you're using is ventilated as much as possible.
As said before this will obviously save money but the airers will get in the way if you don't really have anywhere to put them like me, not only this but it saves stress on clothes too making them last longer.
Line drying would be better but when do we get the weather to line dry?
 

Comments

Popular Posts